A specially formulated treatment for salt-resistant parasites and fungal disease, AquaMeds’ Terminate is one of the most effective Malachite Green (chloride) & Formalin products on the market.
Terminate is a must-have in your koi medicine cabinet. Strains of salt-resistant koi pond parasites, like costia and trichodina are becoming more common every day. Terminate is specially formulated to treat these parasites.
- Formulated with malachite green chloride, (not the more toxic oxalate salt) and formalin (MG&F). Both drugs are less toxic and more effective in combination than if used individually
- Safe for treating costia, chilodonella, ich, oodinium, and fungal infections
- Safe to use on “scaleless” koi
- Will not set back your pond filter
- Can be used in water temperatures as low as 50 degrees F, this allows you to treat when temperatures are cooler in the spring and fall
- Less toxic to koi and goldfish than any other MG&F product on the market
- Can be shipped legally NON-HAZMAT
- Costs less than any other MG&F product on the market!!
- Terminate is a 3-day treatment compared to 21 days with salt
- Terminate will not harm your plants, salt will harm plants
- Terminate will not kill all the “good bacteria” in your filter, like many other treatments such as Potassium Pomegranate.
- Terminate has a much shorter treatment period than other treatments on the market. Treat for 3 days and you’re done, as compared to 9 days.
Comparable to Proform-C; equally effective but much easier to find!
A large pond water change of 25% or more before treatment will produce the best results. Increase aeration if possible.
Remove all carbon from your filter, shut off the protein skimmer, shut off your U.V. light, leave your U.V. pump and pond filter running.
Add 3.5 oz (100 ml) of Terminate to every 1,000 gallons of pond water.
Re-treat daily for 3 days with a minimum of a 25% water change prior to each re-treatment.
NOTE: The period between treatments may be shortened to 10-12 hrs. 25% plus pond water changes between re-treatments are very important.
A 32 oz bottle treats 3200 gallons three times
Do not store below 60 degrees (F) or above 110 degrees (F).
Do not treat koi ponds with invertebrates.
DO NOT use Terminate if it has been frozen or stored below 50 degrees. All products (not just Terminate) containing formaldehyde are toxic if they have been frozen.
2 in stock